Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas in New England

As this photo makes clear, I still like to open presents at the first opportunity I get on Christmas day. Jenny presented me with a little portable chess board in the same style as the set I parted with to come to the US. My new set is now even more portable; I will be able to honour a chess-challenge anywhere!

From Christmas10

Hodgo evinced a remarkable understanding of helicopter dynamics. She readily hovered and yawed this helicopter and then landed with precision. No fares have yet had to be refunded. We tried using the helicopter outside but, after about 30 seconds, it fell from the sky like a stone. We found that sub-zero temperatures don't agree with the device. Though it's still amazing! (Expect to see a few more photos of this yet.)

From Christmas10

Jen and I roasted an 8-pound chook too, for Christmas, with roast vegies and gravy.

From Christmas10

The beer comes from the Red Hook brewery "just down the road" at Portsmouth. The wine is an Aussie chardonnay.

From Christmas10

Putting off that afternoon nap, we took a walk through the township of Durham. It was easy going with there being just a dusting of snow.

From Christmas10

Jen's Turtle Pond is about 90% frozen now but she plays it safe in the photo below and stood on the grate.

From Christmas10

Next time, I will put up some photos that show us venturing further on to a frozen lake and document our excursion to Portsmouth on Boxing Day.

No comments: