Saturday, October 09, 2010

Last beer at The Fox

On Friday, 20 August, Jenny and I finally moved out of The Fox. We packed and swept, scrubbed and vacuumed. Here is the kitchen, formally home to my oft-thought-of keg-fridge.

From OuttaFox

Here I am vacuuming carpet (yes, thrilling) that, along with every other furnishing, was removed to make way for the ensuing refurbishment days after we moved out!

From OuttaFox

One of the best things about The Fox was the garden in the backyard. There were these lovely big olive trees and it most mostly pretty peaceful to barbecue, play darts and relax out there.

From OuttaFox

Gav, with Rhiannon, came to give us a hand with the last couple of heavy items. Rhi didn't do anything and so she didn't get to have a beer.

From OuttaFox

Here are Jen and I in front of our first little home together.

From OuttaFox

It took all of my modest Tetris-skills to pack my gear on to the truck! See how compressed the rear tyre is? From here, we headed to Cowra and added to the Pinkerton family collection of washing machines (now four) and fridges (now five).

From OuttaFox


After all of this hectic activity - through finalizing the thesis, selling the motorbike, saying our farewells and the moving out of The Fox - Jen and I took a trip at the end of August to the Sapphire coast. I'll mention a few of the highlights in my next post.

No comments: