Thursday, May 07, 2009

Moto' ride to the Collector Pumkpin Festival

Making the most of some fine weather, Rowan, Emma, Gavin and I rode out to Collector on Sunday afternoon. Rowan and Emma rode an 800cc Harley and Gav' and I both rode GS500s.

From JBPumpkin

Our route via Gundaroo incorporated a substantial stretch of dirt road. I had the chance to stop and admire a dam that held some of our recent rainfall.

From JBPumpkin

The biggest pumpkin had sufficient flesh to contribute to over 5000 scones and is about as heavy as you'd expect. Half of Canberra had the idea to join us out at Collector.

From JBPumpkin

Inspired, I paid a greater-than-market price to a bloke for a butternut that has since been partially-applied to the production of scones. There was room to rope my purchase down while my other "pumpkin" was doing battle on the soccer field for ANU.

From JBPumpkin

No comments: