Monday, December 19, 2011

The Redwoods of Northern California

In October, after our visit to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, Emily and I arrived at Klamath, in Northern Cali. I didn't realise that the forests there are fairly isolated. After some challenges associated with ground transportation from Arcata airport, we based ourselves on the Klamath Indian Reservation. We made a short excursion into the Redwood National Park to the north.

From Redwood I

Here are those famous trees. Very 'Jurassic Park'.

From Redwood I

We took some lunch together and then did our best to make it to the beach.

From Redwood I

We were close but we didn't quite make it to the beach on that trip. Sorry Em!

From Redwood I

We headed back to catch the community bus back in to rustic Klamath. We cut our time in Klamath short by a day and headed next to the university town (college town?) of Arcata.

From Redwood I

No comments: